KGLE Radio Bible
Bowl Contest 2017!
Congratulations to our 2017 Bible Bowl Contest Participants!
All of our contestants did an excellent job in finding the answers to our Bible Bowl Questions, and you are each to be congratulated for your diligent efforts. All of our contestants were included in our drawing for prizes. Here are the names that were drawn:
Sue Sieler, Plevna -- Medora Tickets
Debra Schade, Bowman -- Medora Tickets
Teresa Nollmeyer, Savage -- Audio Theatre CD Set
Robert Marx, Glendive -- Allistair Begg Teaching Set
Jay Phalen, Lindsay -- KGLE Cap
Thanks to all of our contestants for entering the Contest!
The answers are listed below!
Many thanks to our Vida Bible Answer Man (V-BAM) for providing a great set of questions!
2017 KGLE BIBLE BOWL
All references are from the NIV. A study Bible and concordance will be helpful.
1. This individual was the last in a royal line, he never ruled, and his feet were crippled from childhood. Who is this person and where is his name found in the Bible? Mephibosheth. 2Samuel 4:4, 9:3-6.
2. This prophet had a son that was named Lo-Ammi to describe unfaithful Israel. What does Lo-Ammi mean? Provide a biblical reference as well. Not my people. Hosea 1:9.
3. This son of Amittai boarded a ship bound for Tarshish rather than going where God had directed Him to go. Who is this person? Provide a reference. Jonah. Jonah 1:1-3.
4. In Mark, Jesus healed a deaf and mute man in the area of the Decapolis. What is the the Decapolis? The Ten Cities. Mark 7:31.
5. Fill in the blanks with the names: ____________ planted the seed, ____________ watered it, but ____________ made it grow. Give a reference. I(Paul), Apollos, God. 1 Cor. 3:6.
6. In Revelations, who opened the seven scrolls, and who watched? The Lamb. John. Revelations 6:1.
7. After prophesying that Babylon would overrun Jerusalem, this prophet bought a field from his cousin Hanamel for 17 shekels, and then gave away the deed. Name the prophet and Scripture reference. Jeremiah. Jeremiah 32:3-12.
8. Scripture describes two creatures that some scholars believe are dinosaurs. One has a tail like a cedar, and the other has flames that dart from his mouth. Name the creatures and give the Scripture references. Behemoth. Job 40:15-19. Leviathan. Job 41:1-21.
9. A prophet died and was buried in a tomb. Later while burying a man, the Israelites cast the man into the prophet's tomb where the man's body touched the bones of the prophet. The man came to life and stood to his feet. Who was the dead prophet? Elisha. 2 Kings 13:21
10. This judge posed a riddle to some enemies: Out of the eater, something to eat; out of the strong, something sweet. Solve the riddle and answer who the judge was, and who was the enemy. The sweet, honey; the strong, the lion. Judges 14:1-18. Samson and the Philistines.
11. Which author wrote; "Woe to them! They have taken the way of Cain; they have rushed for profit into Balaam's error; they have been destroyed in Korah's rebellion? Jude. Jude 11
12. Who wrote: "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." Paul. Philemon 6